Thursday, April 30, 2009

Hopewell Church




While John was playing music in Boston Indiana yesterday, the kids and I took a quick trip over to Hopwell Church near Hueston Woods State Park. It's about 10 minutes from our house.




I have always loved it, it's a one room church that was built around 1808 and I've even attended on occasion. It's so simple and so lovely that I really wanted to capture it and my kids with it. It feels like it just oozes with memories, mine... my families... other families... so much History. Anyway, the kids loved it too.




I think it's a real tradgedy to live in a place and become numb to it's riches. Preble County may not be fancy... but it's full of gems, like this church.




It was close to evening, the light was nice and the weather outside was just right. The kids had a lot of fun and so did I. Maybe we can go back sometime soon... maybe even in the Autumn.

No comments:

Post a Comment